Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rain and Softball

Tough day today on the softball fields. We had an important tournament and really just laid an egg. Maybe that's not quite right though as we won our first game and then lost our second game in 9 innings (2 extra innings). Our third and final game we lost 5-3. We had a two hour rain delay before we even got started and then another 30 minute delay during the day. Our problem was hitting though and then key errors at very bad times.

I think we only scored 8, 8 and 3 runs, which is not nearly enough to do well in a tournament. Myself, I went 6 for 10 but fouled out three times! Yes, three times. Twice I tried to hit the ball to right field and the wind blew it foul. Ugh. The third time I was just fighting off a knuckle ball from a new pitcher and I just popped it foul. Brutal. So I only made four outs and three of them were basically strikeouts.

Funny, one more hit probably wouldn't have made a difference, but I would have hit .700 and been much happier about my own performance. But it's a team game and we just didn't get it done today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've said this on a previous post but it seems your team in its current make up peaked last year (google under Cleveland Indians)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

The step up in competition this year certainly hasn't helped....though we did start off 15-0 in tournaments this year. It will be interesting to see what August and September bring....the two big months.