Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sign o'the times

Yesterday I walked over to the Starbucks outside of Wrigley for my afternoon coffee. The coffee Nazi's at my Starbucks are still stuck on their refill policy, so I'm opting to go to every other Starbucks store, none of which have enforced the policy. In fact, my coffee refill is free at the other stores since I have my card registered, versus $2 at my local branch. Bastards. But the real reason I decided to go to that store was that it was a beautiful day and the Cubs were playing at night so I wanted to see what was going on in the hood around 3-4 p.m.

Anyway, on my way back, I walked down dejesus freak's block (between Halsted and Clark if you want to stalk him). BTW, djf, I almost did a pop-in, but I had to get home and pack. I counted 16 condos for sale and only four were new construction. Sixteen!!! In one, albeit big, block! Yowza. There are actually only two in my block, so maybe that block is an aberration. Still that's a lot!!

Heard a commercial for Scott Peterson Meats. Nothing too unusual about it unless you remember this. They say no publicity is bad publicity......I beg to differ.

1 comment:

alexis said...

HOLY CRAP, I should buy something!!!! Maybe wait a few more years 'til things get good and desperate?