Monday, July 28, 2008

Chicago being productive....except for me!

First my apologies for missing so many posts this weekend and Monday as I was out of town with not much internet access. In fact, on the drive home today, I stopped in the parking lot of a Holiday Inn off the interstate and "stole" their wifi access to check email! How's that for ingenuity?

Fortunately for me, in a scheduling anomaly, BOTH the Sox and Cubs are playing out of town so traffic coming up the Dan Ryan and in my neighborhood was fairly non-existent even though it was late rush hour. I figured without the games going on at home, people were working a little later or otherwise being productive instead of waiting around to park!

Happy Birthday to D.C. Kelly!!! Yay!!!!! I think she's 37 today. Shhhhhh.

Special thrill for Dejesus Freak today I'm sure. The Cubs first base coach, Matt Sinatro, was suspended for two games for bumping an umpire. On the same play by the way, Lou Pinella was fined, which was a total crock since the ump blew the call in question. Anyway, the replacement first base coach is......Ivan Dejesus!! I didn't even know he was still in the Cubs organization. Whoo-hoo!

The Bears, despite their issues at QB, WR, RB and offensive line, are projected by Vegas to win 8 games this year, or at least they feel if they put the number of wins at 8 then an equal number of people will bet each side of the over/under. I think that number will come down because I don't think Chicagoans are going to bet the over very heavily.....if at all. I might be the only one.

3 comments:

alexis said...

I think chicagoans are maybe still reeling from all their bets on the RE market! :P

Anonymous said...

You should save that cash there Joe..buy your self the football package so you can watch the winning Bills every week ;)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

So the rumor is true.....the Bills DO still have an NFL team. :-)