Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Long day away from home

Had a long day yesterday, so I didn't have time to post. Sorry! I left the house at noon to meet Ricardo for lunch in Arlington Heights before meeting with a new client at 2. Afterwards, I went to pick up our scorekeeper/mascot, Jamie Southern from the Chicago Bandits women's professional softball team. Here she is again:


Cute as a button.











Anyway, I went over to the dorm where the team stays for the summer on the college campus at which they play (Judson College at 90 and 31), to pick her up. Coming from work, I needed to change clothes before our doubleheader, so she invited me into her humble abode where her roommate was still half asleep, to change in the back room. Since the dorm room had a bathroom and a kitchenette area, it was more of an apartment, but it was still the size of a dorm room. I do NOT envy these ladies. With only one tv hookup in the place, they moved their beds into the living room as they spend a great deal of time watching tv at night I guess.

So we headed to the fields, played our two games (split against the same team) and hit Hooters for a team meeting about our schedule for the rest of the year. All in all a productive day, but I didn't get home until 11ish.

Tomorrow I leave for Jersey for Joisey Ken's wedding reception and celebration. It's no India, but it should be fun!

Finally, The Queen of All Weather, Amy Freeze, posted on my 6/30 entry requesting that nickname. It's longer than Weather Bunny, but acceptable.

2 comments:

stef said...

have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Mascot? Is that what you call her? Since my mind is far more evil that yours, it brings up all sorts of images that I will avoid posting on your basically PG site.

Tell Joisey Ken best of luck with his marriage from us who only know him from your posts.