Thursday, June 05, 2008

Recovering slowly

This Meniere's disease, what I really have as the base affliction, can be a bitch sometimes. Yesterday was one of those days. Taking my meds works, but it does have the sleepy side effect.

This morning was a tough one as I was still a little dizzy, so I went back to bed. This is the first time I haven't woken up after taking the meds and felt 100% better. Not good. So I took another tablet this morning and after an afternoon nap, I'm finally back at 95%. This morning I kept reading the same line of text in an email four times at one point, that's when I realized I needed some more medicine.

So TC4 was last night in Puerto Rico, which might be where I buy a winter home at some point. The four chefs show up: my team of Stephanie, Richard and Antonia and then dumb, bitchy Lisa.
Stephanie looked like she ATE her way through Thailand and Asia instead of just traveling there. Holy crap!!! Antonia opened a restaurant?? Lisa managed to put on vast amounts of pounds as well. If Richard did too, it wasn't obvious to me. Do all chefs have to be huge???

Stef won the quickfire challenge and picked Dale to help her out. Good for her and I would have done the same thing. Yeah, he left stuff out over night like a dope, but it was an honest mistake and it sounds like it was his idea for the replacement dish that Stef made which worked really well.

Butchering a pig looks insane though. Not for me thanks. Antonia was disappointing in her dish, but Lisa STILL should have been sent home. How she is still around is amazing to me. Still, I got 12 points on my fantasy team and am in 80th place out of a few thousand. Not bad for missing week one!!

Anyone know if it works any differently when we're down to three like this? This is my first season watching TC.

3 comments:

alexis said...

glad to hear you are feeling better, the vertigo/dizziness must be scary!!

I was surprised how big the chefs have gotten too - maybe they don't get a chance to work out during the show?

stef said...

urm. I think your question got answered by the BCD girls which I know you read already cause i just saw this whole post in the comments.

Anonymous said...

So...now we know why Vinnie hacked his ear off...man, take care of this. I do not want to see you as deaf as Pa...