Monday, June 02, 2008

How did I miss posting on TC4??

Not sure how exactly I missed posting on last week's episode....maybe it was the busy week: dinner plans on Thursday, then leaving early Friday for golf and softball in St. Louis. Yeah, that was the problem. Ok. Well, here are my thoughts:

Eliminate multiple people when they really, really, really suck!! Ok?? Is it that hard to do? The freaking judge even said that one of dumb and dumber had been in front of them 7 times and the other 5...or something like that. Geesh, spare us already. Lisa (dumb) and Spike (the witless wonder AKA Dumber AKA Hat Freak AKA stupid hat-prop jagoff) were in front of the judges...sigh...again, and deservedly so. I'm not going to talk about their food except for one thing: which is worse.....peanut butter mashed potatoes or using frozen scallops that WERE IN TRAMANTO'S FREAKING FREEZER?? Look, if this "special judge" is so fucking great, why the hell does he have frozen scallops in there in the first place? Is Spike to blame or is Tramanto for being a pompous ass of a judge who serves shit food?

My only thought is to send them both home. Lisa doesn't deserve to go to Puerto Rico anymore than any of the other ass-clowns who got eliminated...especially Dale who should be going.

Ok, I feel better now. I must be grumpy from my personal training session with Sadist Joel and then guitar class, which I had trouble with again....that C chord is killing me....or I should say moving to and from the C chord to the D, D7 and A.

5 comments:

alexis said...

On behalf of the International Ass-Clowns Association, I resent the comparison to Spike and the other eliminees

stef said...

Whoa. I was surprised you hadn't mentioned the episode but I had no idea that you had so much vitriol stored up. Actually, per Tom C's blog on the bravo site, http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/season/4/blogs/index.php?blog=tom_colicchio&article=2008/05/so_much_at_steak the offending scallops were provided by Allen Bros. who stocked the walk in for the show- not Tramanto or his staff.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I think your birthday makes you funnier Alexis!! Ha!

Thank you for the link Stef! That was interesting to read, especially the part where he agreed with me that Dale shouldn't have been sent home the week before!

That said, I'm not sure I can give Tramanto or his staff an excuse for not knowing what's in his freezer. Someone on his staff received delivery of frozen scallops. Someone on his staff ORDERED frozen scallops and both of those people work for Tramanto and supposedly follow his direction. If he wants the credit for the good stuff (I'm sure he doesn't prepare ALL of the dishes at his restaurant either) he has to take the blame when it falls short.

Is Spike still an idiot? Absolutely! Would I have known not to use a frozen scallop? No, but then I'm not trained in the field either.

Crazy how worked up I get about this. I need a nap.

Anonymous said...

Hey! No naps if you have all your body parts! And a couple knee repairs don't cut it.

As long as Stephanie made it through, I was happy.

I'm tellin' you if you'd learn open tuning on your guitar, you'd make your music life much easier.

Nanc Twop said...

''eliminate multiple people when they really, really, really suck!! Ok??''...

You get my vote as the new director/producer of Top Chef!

They could sub in new people from the applicant pool when they dump an extra chef - it would be totally possible to do it that way.

my Top Chef posts