Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So busy with el supremo in town.

Probably should have just left my picture post up another day, so if you didn't see them yesterday or the Roadkill table from the day before, check them out.

Busy, busy, busy times for ol'Joe. Starting with coming back from Grand Rapids on Monday, working out with Sadist Joel and taking guitar class. Tuesday breakfast meeting followed by a long day of meetings with potential and current clients (closed one sale already!) and then a wine networking event on Tuesday night. After that event, we went to Nia for tapas. We were actually headed for sushi at Izumi and then changed to Italian at Vivo before settling on the new kid on the block, Nia.

Normally I'm against tapas because I never feel like you get what you pay for. The portions are small and the dishes are pricey. You HAVE to go here though just for the sangria...and make sure to get the red. Unbelievable, but again, not cheap.

So this morning it was back at it with an 8:00 a.m. breakfast meeting and then meetings from there until I left at about 3:30 to meet up with folks to go the Cubs game. I hope to have pictures tomorrow from the game. The folks I met with were ex-Morningstar co-workers of mine, though they all still work there. One works in Australia and one USED to work in Australia but has now moved back.

Actually, the Australian is responsible for the my whole tie-in to el supremo de NM, Alexis and Motherocker. I went to her going away party when I met Alexis who was there prior to leaving for Amsterdam (originally supposed to be Spain I believe).

2 comments:

alexis said...

I remember that fatefuly, snowy night! So who is back in the US now?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Stan is back!