Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Stephanie is Top Chef!!!!!

Whoo-hoo!!! My girl won!!! Thanks to poster Stef for picking out Chef Stephanie's restaurant early last year (??) for el supremo and myself (and Ricardo and some dates!) to visit. What a great experience watching her win after having actually eaten her food. I totally identify with Judge Tom's comments about how the different flavors in Stephanie's lamb (?) dish came together, especially the braised pistachios and blackberries. One of the dishes I had at her restaurant had pistachios and blueberries and it was only mediocre without the blueberries and unbelievably awesome when I actually ate the blueberries with the dish.

Anyway, it got a little scary as ridiculously lame, bitchy, bitter, impersonal Lisa seemed to finish second with two good dishes in the final meal. She was horrible in every other show, on the verge of elimination what....six times or something. Puhlease. Making ONE good meal does not a CHEF make. If she would have won, I seriously would have hunted down the judges one by one. If you're reading my blog by mistake Padma, YES, I would have hunted you down. Thank you for saving us both the trouble.

3 comments:

alexis said...

that is fantastic - what exactly does she win though?

stef said...

So funny, that is exactly what I was thinking the whole time. Lisa can't possibly win- can she? The audience will revolt! Watching Richard self destruct was so sad though. It was shame to see him go out that way.

Anonymous said...

Alexis - $100K

I'm so with both Stef and you Lakeview, it would have been a travesty. I also was sad to see Richard not be able to rise to the occasion. But it was nice that we had two truly nice people as the clear top people

And it is so cool that we were her customers and loved her food before any of this happened!