Sunday, June 22, 2008

Chainsaws and tree trimmers and wasp killing sprays, these are few of my favorite things!

Ohhhhh, what a weekend to tell you about, but it's late Sunday night (early Monday morning) so the bulk is going to have to wait and especially the pictures.

On the trip though, I saw quite a bit of roadkill and live animals. Here's the score card:

Roadkill

Live

Raccoons

yes

no

Deer

yes!!.

yes!!! probably 10 at least

Turtle

dead, not RK

yes

Opossum

yes

no

Grouse

no

yes

Fish

no (c'mon!)

yes

Badger

no

yes!!! they aren't supposed to be around here

skunk

yes

no

Turkey

no

yes

Woodpecker

no

yes

Bull frog

no

yes

Wasp (nest)

dead, not RK

yes

Drunk chicks

no

many


Quite the nature show! I was disappointed that I didn't see a fox on the golf course as I have in years past, but I did see quite a bit of wildlife on the trip. Most of the drunk chicks were at The Hopcat, my buddy's bar. I stopped in again tonight and had a good time again. I'm going to like this trip to Kalkaska even more with a stopover in Grand Rapids.

Pictures come tomorrow when I'm home and can download them.

Today I used my folks' tree trimmer to take down some stray branches. While in the mood to accomplish things, I got the wasp spray out and sprayed four nests and knocked them down. Then my ol'man broke out the electric chainsaw and cut some firewood for me to bring home. So if you snuggle with me in front of a fire sometime this year, thank my dad!!! No gay comments you freaks!

6 comments:

stef said...

where is the fireplace? I guess it's been a while since I've been to your place...

Anonymous said...

Whew, I was getting worried with that initial snuggle by the fire reference!

Can we cook with the wood you're bringing back? Nothing is better than meat grilled on a wood fire!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I actually have two fireplaces Stef! Have you even been over to my place?? I don't recall. One is upstairs in the front and the other is downstairs.

Propane only el supremo, sorry man.

alexis said...

LMAO!!!!!!

Ahhh, I forgot that surprise joy of US road trips which is roadkill.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will state that the 1st time Stef was over at your place was in 2005! A very tumultuous year, so you might have blocked it out. I crack myself up!!!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

A dark and painful year for me.....sigh.