Thursday, October 21, 2010

The week is flying by

Is it Thursday already? Saturday brings a 3 game softball tournament, though it finishes on Sunday while I'm at the Bears game. But the whole weekend could be a wash as it's supposed to rain a good part of the weekend. If it rains during softball, no big deal. The games will be delayed or we'll keep playing, no problem.

But if it rains before or after the Bears game, it plays nasty havoc with my tailgate! If it rains during the game, there's really no problem for us because my seats are protected from the rain, plus we can always go inside the United Club if needed. But if it rains before or after, there's no where to hide. How can a guy cook in the rain?? Interestingly, I don't recall a day that's it's rained before or after the game when I've been present. One game it rained and I was in Vegas for softball. Another day it rained, but I got the flu or some 24 hour virus.

Another neighborhood update: the war on the rats seems to be over! Yep, Basra has seen no activity. And there's nothing going on outside my building either. The pest control folks next door seem to have really worked. It frustrates me a bit to know that it could have been this way for the last two years if the owner wasn't running a slum building. Whatever. At least progress is being made!

2 comments:

terri said...

If it rains during softball, isn't it going to be COLD?

Glad to hear the rats are gone. Yech!

alexis said...

lol, well at least you know now Joe how to get their attention if they ever decide to go slum on you again with the rat situation