Thursday, October 28, 2010

Brushes with Stars

In case you missed some of the comments from the other day in my post about the Bears game, Amy Freeze left a pretty funny comment. Well, my tour of FOX Studio still needs to be ironed out, so I'll be meeting her soon enough. Ironically, the folks at the studio are waiting to hear from her about her schedule before I can book the date.

So that was brush one. Brush two happened tonight at a charity fundraiser for an organization called Kaleidoscope. They help underprivileged kids and one of the cool indirect ways is by getting them involved with art classes. Tonight they displayed a bunch of their art and it was auctioned off (most of it was silent auction). Fortunately I ended up buying two pieces! Here's what I got:




For some reason I can't rotate this picture, but it's going to go great in the condo. It's a picture of the Wells Street bridge sign. I love the matting and the frame too.


















Here's the 15 year old photographer, Paul. Nice guy.












Here's the second picture: Piglet!! It's going to look great in the guest bedroom and LL loves pink.







Ricardo's wife, Jodi, used to be on the associate board of the charity and that's how I came to be there tonight. LL was having dinner with a friend of hers from the burbs. The hors devours served were themed from our childhood: PB&J rolls, pigs in a blanket, flies on a log, sloppy Joes in a phyllo dough cup, fish sticks with a dipping sauce, chicken nuggets and bbq sauce and to drink, a rum and rootbeer float (no ice cream). It was outstanding. So the big draw other than the charity, food, drinks and art? Christopher Knight a.k.a. Peter Brady!! He married a gal from Joliet and his wedding planner is on the board of the charity.




Me and Knight. He is actually a pretty nice guy and very accommodating. Jodi took this picture after three other people refused to take it! WTH?? All they have to do is hold the camera and take the picture, but three adult humans were too embarrassed to do it. Seriously? It's Peter Brady not Jesus.














Knight was helping with the live auction items.

3 comments:

terri said...

Dude... (not sure where that came from. I don't normally call people "dude.") .... anyway...put a link to the Amy Freeze post in here. I had to go search for it manually! Sheesh. Totally worth it though. Thanks for pointing out that Amy Freeze added to the commentary on that post.

Secondly... LOVE your auction items. The photo of the Wells Street bridge sign is spectacular. And the photographer is 15 years old??? Nice work!

Finally... Christopher Knight! I developed a HUGE crush on him a few years ago when he was on The Surreal Life. During my Brady Bunch years, it was always Bobby (Mike Lookinland... sad that I know that?) who I was crushing on. But now that they're all grown up, Christopher Knight is the hot one. Hey, since you have a habit of drawing celebrity comments here, would you send Christopher my way if he happens to show up in your comments?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I know Terri! My bad. I almost did put a link to her comment, but it was late and said screw it. Apologies to my readership!

I was going to put money that you were a Christopher Knight crusher. Damn, I would have lost!

Bee said...

OMG!!!!! did he ask if you were related to JK Simmons??LOLOLOLOL