Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Not a Foodie Blog

Busy, busy, busy. Today I had to do some tax work. Due to complications with my tax situation, I almost always file for an extension (which is automatically granted under our tax code fortunately) which means I don't have to file until 10/15. Estimated payments are still due when they are due, but all the paperwork doesn't have to be sent in for six months. Now, I'm no dummy; I use TurboTax and get my taxes done for the most part by 4/15. The extra six months allows me time to figure out where to make 401(k) and SEP IRA contributions, plus I can digest all the data I entered into the software and make sure I got it right.

But that's not what I wanted to talk about today. Dinner is my topic. Center cut pork chops (with my great rub), corn (low sodium) and a salad. No reason I shouldn't be eating this well every night. Well, tomorrow I have softball so that's a reason. Yeah, I know, I said league play was done for the year but apparently I was wrong. This is the last week as we have playoffs. Unfortunately that delays my return to the gym by half a week. Thursday and Friday I'm golfing (Thursday to practice for Friday's outing) and hopefully I can hit the gym on Saturday.

Thursday night though I'm making ribs again! Always a tasty treat.

2 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

You've been going down the slippery slide to foodie-dom for years now. No one believes you're not a foodie any more.

terri said...

Not a fan of pork chops, but your description makes them sound good!

And I have decided that softball is never done. At least that's what it feels like around here. Kacey's winter season begins this weekend!

Good luck in playoffs!