Monday, October 04, 2010

Back on the meal wagon

Is that a legit term? Meal wagon? I'm not sure that's right....meal wagon....nah, that's not right.

Anyway, for the last three weeks either my kitchen has been ripped up or I've been traveling or we've been moving. Finally, this week, starting tonight in fact, it was time to get back to home cooked meals. So off to the store I went and came home with bay scallops, broccoli crowns and organic sweet potatoes. Unfortunately, I'm still not great at planning multiple meals when I go to the store, so the only other food items I bought was an acorn squash (always a winner) and a box of cereal (bite size frosted mini-wheats because it was half-off). So I'm set for breakfast and a side veggie, but that's about it. Although I did buy extra broccoli, so I have two veggie sides I guess.

As I start up eating healthy meals again, I'm winding down the softball and golf seasons (how's that for a segue?). One more night of league play for softball and only one more tournament on the horizon (unless we go to Vegas....though I'm not sure if we've qualified for that one). Though I golfed on Sunday, I only have one more outing scheduled....unless the weather is nice in November when Joisey Ken comes out for the Bears/Vikings game. Softball and golf are two of my favorite activities though. What will I do with my new found time? Hitting the gym!!

Eating healthier and hitting the gym....I think I like how this is going to turn out!

2 comments:

alexis said...

seems sports have been a frequent subject on the blog, I guess healthy eating is also a natural segway now that the seasons for those two sports you like best are winding down.

terri said...

I'm terrible at planning multiple meals too. I can go to the grocery store and spend a couple hundred dollars and still come home having no idea what to cook for dinner.