Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The light at the end of the tunnel

There's some construction work happening on my street this week and for a little bit longer probably. New street lights! Interestingly, our much smaller neighboring street has had the new light poles for a couple of years, but our well traveled street had none. The light pole directly outside my condo is going away, not to be replaced at all. The city is going to use a different spacing scheme for the lights and it does not include the current location. I think that's ok, but I'm not sure. There won't be a light shining in my front room anymore, but I think that's good and bad. The street light also lights up our steps and the whole area around our building which is nice.

Can't stop change though.



















These two pics are of the old street light positioned in front of my condo.



Here's what the new street lights will look like. Not bad.














3 comments:

terri said...

I like the new look!

alexis said...

wow and look how sunny it is in Chicago!

el supremo de nm said...

Well thanks for shedding light on that :)