Monday, October 18, 2010

Early mornings.....ugh.

How do you people do it on a regular basis? How did I do it for a decade plus? This early morning stuff is for the birds. This morning I was up before 7 so I could leave for the suburbs by 8 so I could to a meeting by 10. Fortunately traffic was, I can only assume, relatively light as it only (ONLY) took me an hour and 15 minutes to get about 50 miles (since I drove 104 miles on the day I assume it's about 50 each way). The meeting went well, about two hours, and the trip back went much faster since there was no remnants of rush hour.

But the work day was far from over as I headed down to my restaurant client for lunch with LL. While there, I spoke with my client about the recent financing proposal we received. It's really going to help this guy out and in a time when getting financing (especially for restaurants) is not easy. Lunch was great, as usual, and free as the owner bought it for us. Nice!

And the work day continued. Another bank was in the process of submitting a proposal for the restaurant, but their process sort of stalled. After a few messages from me putting pressure on them, we spoke for about 20 minutes and hopefully got the process on track again.

And my work day STILL wasn't over as I was referred a potential client by a bankruptcy lawyer and I had to give him a call to do some fact gathering. Thirty to 45 minutes later, I wasn't sure we were a good fit (he didn't have any money to pay us!), but we still might take him on since there's value in his business being sold.

Throughout the day there were many other work emails and conversations (mostly while driving) related to work so it was a pretty productive day. One that I'm ok seeing come to an end. Unfortunately my monthly church finance committee meeting is tomorrow morning (at 7 a.m.) so I'll be up bright and early again. Ugh.

2 comments:

terri said...

The world is made up of early birds and night owls. If it makes you feel better, I'm usually sound asleep at the same time you're reading blogs and leaving me comments.

el supremo de nm said...

Man you have gotten Soft dude.