Thursday, October 07, 2010

A nasty trend

Well, I'm not sure two data points is a trend, but it's something. Sunday I played a round of golf in the cold and wind and was 3 over par on the front nine. On the back nine, I blew up. I still don't know what I shot because I was too upset to add. Today I went golfing again at a decent public course (Winnetka Golf Club) just to get some practice in for my round of golf tomorrow at Westmoreland Country Club where I'll be a guest and where I played horribly last year. Today, on the front nine I was 2 over par (37) with only 12 putts (on 9 holes, that's pretty damn good). Then came the turn. On the back nine I shot a 44 (19 putts...pretty awful). Granted, I hit into some bad luck (rolled JUST behind a tree or JUST far enough to put a tree branch in the way) and even hit one shot off a tree...backward! Not every shot was bad on the back, but there were certainly fewer really nice shots.

So what's the problem? Am I getting tired? Last Sunday I think I did since I had been at a softball tournament on Saturday in the cold all day. Today I did walk the course, so that could have made me a bit tired by the end of the round and I was out later last night playing softball. And now tomorrow I can say that I was tired from playing today. Sigh....it just keeps going round and round (thank your Ratt-Out of the Cellar......look it up).

2 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

You may need to start making some accommodations to your age :(

terri said...

I can't believe I had to look that up. I OWNED that album. (Actually, I had the cassette tape. I went through a hair-band phase in the 80s.)