Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just another day

First off, RIP Tom Bosley. Loved you in Happy Days and on Charlie's Angels. Great work.

Unfortunately I was up at 5:45 in the a.m. today...ugh. I'm just not a morning person and when it's still dark outside, I'm less inclined to be happy about it. But it was my once a month finance meeting at my church and is necessary for good leadership. The meeting went well, our Oktober Fest was a huge, huge success and made more money than any year in the past. That's good, because with a 100+ year old church, we have a lot of expenses! Afterwards, I decided to actually go to mass since I was there already and probably not going to go back to sleep since my cleaning lady was scheduled for the morning.

This afternoon though I was able to get a pretty decent workout in and am looking to get in another one on Thursday. Saturday is my last softball tournament of the year, to my knowledge at least, so hopefully a week and a half of working out will help how I feel about my play. We'll see.

1 comment:

terri said...

I am a morning person. I love being awake when it's still dark outside and it's quiet and no one will be awake for a few hours. I do my best thinking then and am most productive before noon.

But I'm sure you could sing the praises of being a night owl just as easily.

Nice to hear that your church had such a successful festival. So many churches are struggling. They just closed a bunch of churches in our diocese.