Wednesday, October 06, 2010

An awful, beautiful night

The weather was gorgeous tonight for our last league night of softball. Unfortunately our team got shut out in the first game (that's right SHUT OUT) and thus ended our season. The other team didn't light it up either as they only scored 4 runs and most of those were unearned. Still, it kind of sucks and I had two awful at bats, swinging at the first pitch both times and rather weakly. Ugh. Fortunately there's one more tournament on the horizon. Ahhh, redemption.

My shoulder is shit. Yes, shit. I said it. Shit. Can I throw a softball? Yeah, mostly. No zip at all and it doesn't feel good. I'm hoping that it's because I haven't been able to go to the gym....a problem which will be remedied soon. Still, I was hoping that I'd be 100% by this time.

LL is off to gay-Pari this weekend for the next week. Originally it was only going to be Tuesday through Saturday, but she had meetings added so now it's Sunday through Saturday. Why is Joe not going? I'm not entirely sure, other than it's France. The day after she gets back is a Bears game, maybe that's what I was thinking about. Seems like not the best decision by me. Probably won't be the last bad decision I make though!!

4 comments:

alexis said...

I don't understand this bias against France, there are so many other countries to dislike, why not spread the anti-love around?

terri said...

I believe LL endured a cold and windy day in a stadium for you while you played softball. Can you not endure a week in France for her? I guess the I-could-be-happy-in-a-cardboard-box-as-long-as-I-was-with-you stage has worn off? ;-)

I hope the coming months and return to the gym bring your shoulder back to where you'd like it to be. I can tell how extremely frustrated you are.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

You know, I'm not actually sure why I bailed on the France trip. It certainly wasn't because I didn't want to spend a week with her though! Or even that I was anti-France. I think I thought I had stuff going on the week before and then the Bears play the day we would have come back.

el supremo de nm said...

Why wasn't I given the opportunity to take your place in Paris. Boo hoo hoo.