Wednesday, October 27, 2010

More of the same

First, did you see this video clip? It really, really looks like a woman talking on a cell phone. The problem? The film clip is from 1928!!! The hosts say they think it might be a hearing device (like a horn), but it LOOKS like a cell phone and she's TALKING into it!! Weird.

AT&T finally fixed the cut phone lines which the city managed to chop through, probably mistaking the rather large line for a root, though shouldn't they have been avoiding really large roots too?? My service came back up late in the day yesterday, but my wireless router wouldn't talk to my DSL modem so I can only access the internet by directly hooking the DSL modem to my computer. Which means no wireless access in the house and LL uses it when she works from home (not to mention ESDNM would like to use it when he comes in next week I'm sure). The reason I bought this new one, a Cisco Linksys E1000, is because it was supposed to be easy to set up (it was) and it was faster than my old one (it is) and that it hopefully wouldn't crash my computer when I use it (it hasn't so far).

But like my old router, I find myself in the position where I can't use it. Tech support, here I come!


1 comment:

el supremo de nm said...

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you.