Sunday, October 17, 2010

Piss Poor Bears

What a piss poor game the Bears played today. Ugh. We had a chance this season if we could go 7-1 to start, since it was likely that we'd go 1-7 to finish the season or possibly 2-6. Now we're 4-2 though and we lost to the hapless Seahawks; a game that would be considered a win on most teams' schedules. Now we have the Redskins next week, an iffy game if we can't beat the Seahawks, followed by a bye week and then Buffalo in Toronto. Then the tough part of the schedule hits when Minnesota rolls into town. Ugh.

The tailgate today was fun though as we had 8 people there and weren't far from my good buddies Gar and Jason (who sit in front of me at the game) and the Punke family who sits next to me. It was my first chili tailgate which is always memorable. The chili contains two kinds of meat, two peppers, a sweet onion and three types of beans. Very tasty, though one of my spicier batches. For breakfast we had the regular breakfast sandwiches and sausage with a bloody Maria (made with tequila instead of vodka) chaser. A very good breakfast.

Unfortunately I have a client meeting in Aurora tomorrow morning at 10, which means I have to leave around 8 to make sure I get there on time. Crap. Why did I agree to that meeting??

1 comment:

terri said...

Sorry your team sucked today! But the chili sounds fabulous! (Made some white chicken chili myself today.)

Your meeting isn't so early... you can do it!