Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Much suburban driving

First and foremost, all 33 Chilean copper miners are out of the mine and safe! Whoop-whoop!!

Second, I'm watching a hockey game earlier in the season than I think I ever have before. The Blackhawks, in defense of the Stanley Cup, are taking on division rival Nashville. The reason I'm watching has more to do with no football, no playoff baseball and saving shows on Tivo to watch with LL upon her return from Paris, than really feeling like it's time to watch hockey. The hawks just lost as they took a bad penalty with less than 2 minutes left and gave up the deciding power play goal. Crap.

It was a busy work day starting with getting up at 6:30 a.m., getting ready, taking care of the dog and then an 8:30 a.m. pickup of my cohort out by 90 and 53 (took almost exactly an hour to get out there). Our meeting started at 9 and ended close to noon, at which time I took him to the airport. My cohort, let's call him Pickle, did a really good job today. Now, I've HEARD that he was competent and had some specialty in the meeting's topic field, but I haven't really worked with him at all. Rarely do I work with someone and am impressed by what they do and how they do it. Today was one of those days though. Pickle, while not always using the same delivery that I would choose and while having the "analogy overuse" disease which is prevalent in people from New Mexico, he knows his stuff, is detail oriented and because he knew his stuff so well, could really back down a banker who was threatening forcing involuntary bankruptcy on our client. Nice job Pickle.

The afternoon brought an hour long drive back out to the burbs, but this time to my folks' place to drop off another load of garage sale items. Of course first I had to load up the car and then unload the car at their place. Since I saw them earlier this week, it was a quick turnaround back to the city, but not home. No, I had to get some financial information together for my condo building so I didn't leave the office until almost 7.

During my driving excursions though, I did receive news that another client of my had the SBA loan approved by one bank. We're hoping for a competing bank to come through as well so we have a choice, but at least we'll have one approval and for the entire amount for which we were looking. Nice!

So it was an exhausting day. Tomorrow is another trip to the burbs. Sigh.

2 comments:

terri said...

Hockey has started already? Wasn't it just summer, like yesterday?

That Pickle guy sounds familiar. Sounds like somebody I would like.

el supremo de nm said...

Nice job their LCJ. You can really accomplish a lot when you actually work!

I'm super glad things went well with the Pickle and doubly glad he didn't leave the NM Analogy Team down :)