Sunday, October 10, 2010

Got me some crabs

Friday's outing went better than expected at a tough country club with really tough greens. They cut the greens to PGA Tour specifications, so it was like putting on glass. I didn't 3 putt as much as I thought I would (only 2-3 times), but I also only one putted once. It was just tough to get the ball near the hole and to read the green. When my driver left me, it was all downhill. Beautiful weather though and a great day.

Saturday was spent puttering around the house with some nice long walks outside interspersed because of the continuing nice weather. For dinner I cooked ribs again and we were too stuffed to go find a movie to rent so we did a pay-per-view off of DirecTV (it was Get Him to the Greek).

Sunday brought a panicked packing morning by LL while I just hung out and watched football. What could I do? She was packing for her week long trip to Paris. The weather is supposed to be in the 50's there while it's supposed to be freaking gorgeous here all week. That will help with dealing with not going a little bit.

The Bears played at noon and though their backup QB looked awful, their running game was resurrected and they beat a very bad Carolina Panthers team. We're now 4-1 with two more winnable games on the horizon before the bye week.

After LL left, I headed to Blue Island to The Maple Tree Inn for a crabfest! All-you-can-eat softshell crab, crab cakes, Blue Crab bisque. Yum. All for $25. It was pretty tasty. The dark ball in the first picture is andouille sausage wrapped around a garlic clove. Pretty good stuff.



2 comments:

terri said...

We're really lucking out with this great weather, aren't we?

Glad to hear your golf game went better than expected.

el supremo de nm said...

Whew. I wasn't sure what kind of crabs you were talking about there.