Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rare Entry For Saturday

One heckuva day yesterday. It started off with a continuation of the saga of my Iphone. Earlier in the week I had tried to upgrade the operating system and it failed midway. It sent the phone back to factory mode, though there was a backup on my computer. The problem was getting the backup from my computer to my phone. Late Friday night, around 10, my technical support person, Harvey in Minneapolis, and I successfully employed my laptop to download the new OS and then hooked it up to my desktop to see if it was ready to go. It was now midnight and Harvey thought for sure it would work now so he ended his shift on time at 11:30. Well it didn't work and I was beat so I went to bed.

First thing Saturday morning, after coffee and my three S's, I was back at it with Harvey on the line. We hooked the phone up to the laptop to try again and voila! The new OS was on the phone. My data wasn't there, but the phone was ready to try to restore the data again. About 90 minutes later, the backup was restored and I had a phone again.

Since the entire day was reserved for getting the phone running, I opted for a before-lunch workout with some of my free time. Not the best workout, but not too bad. Instead of working my shoulder to exhaustion several times a week, I've opted for working out the shoulder, but not going crazy. We'll see if that is a little better for the continued healing process.

After getting home in time to make a quick sandwich and throw in some laundry, I flipped on the US World Cup game. As you know by now, it was pretty exciting and went into extra time tied at one. Ghana prevailed though and I think we should declare war on them. Sure, it's not good sportsmanship, but let's see who messes with us in the NEXT world cup if we do.

At halftime of the game, I got up on the roof of the condo and cleaned out the gutters as our current maintenance guy is getting fired for not performing his duties, cleaning the gutters being one of them. We were anticipating a fair amount of rain on Sunday and the clogged gutter causes an avalanche of water onto the decks below. The other guys in the building aren't excited about heights, so they brought the ladder up to the third floor and I went up on my own.

Then LL and I headed out by the airport to the Allstate Arena for an arena football game. Most of you know that I like any kind of sports and arena football is no exception. The tickets were comped as part of some sports package that I won at a charity auction two years ago. Last year the league didn't have a season and they were decent enough to honor the tickets this year. Unfortunately, I didn't realize there were 4 free tickets, so two of them went to waste, but we had a good time. Before the game we had dinner at The Ram Brewery. I don't think I've ever seen a menu look more awesome and the food be more mediocre. Here are some pictures from the game:





The kickoff from the seats.
































The Rush mascot and the Rush cheerleaders right in our section.


2 comments:

alexis said...

I know little to nothing of football but them are good seats.

el supremo de nm said...

You know normally I think a lot of your ideas border on the psychotic but I have to admit that declaring war on those that beat our national soccer team is actually quite compelling as a rabid US soccer fan. We'd win the World Cup in not time