Thursday, June 17, 2010

A beautiful day for a noodle

Just a beautiful day in Chicago today and though I was outside often, I didn't really enjoy it as much as I would have liked. Other than going golfing or sitting outside at Starbucks, I'm not sure I could have taken full advantage of the day.

So what distracted me today? Soccer and work. Actually, I only watched soccer WHILE working, so it was really just work. Both consulting companies in which I work occupied my day: client meetings (he was 20 minutes late), lots of emails, a couple phone calls, went into the office, updated a complicated powerpoint file and put together a file of documentation. Not a bad day.

The day started off with mass at my church, which I often neglect during the summer due to travel and softball. Fortunately they have mass at 8:30 a.m. every day of the week except Wednesdays (which is at night), so I decided to get up today and start there. Afterwards, I ran some errands and drove by Wrigley where I saw this:

Coincidentally, they were talking about just this piece of advertising outside of the stadium. The radio personalities were questioning its location, so I took a picture and called them up. Though I got put in the queue to talk to the hosts of the sports radio Waddle and Silvie show, after 20 minutes I bailed. It's a noodle paid for by Kraft and is causing a bit of a stir on the radio, but I imagine will be forgotten about soon enough.

Absurdly, the PR guy for the Cubs tried to liken it to the downtown sculpture The Bean (aka Cloud Gate). Not really in the same category in my mind.



3 comments:

terri said...

You are good to start your day with mass.

I'm sure Kraft loves that the noodle is causing a stir. Even negative publicity will draw more attention to the noodle, which ultimately, is the goal.

alexis said...

it's certainly working on me - I am now craving mac n cheese...

el supremo de nm said...

You have now redeemed uncounted sins on your soul by your grasping redemption from the holy game of soccer.