Monday, June 07, 2010

Blogger finally back up

Last night and this morning I tried to update my blog, but Blogger was down in my "region" so I couldn't even leave comments on other people's blogs (sorry Alexis). It seems to be back up finally!

A busy weekend with Laura's friends Elle and Molly in town, so there's much to write about. I'll keep it short though and follow up with some pictures when they arrive (Elle had her camera and took pics).

Friday, instead of going to the Sox game (which they lost 10-1 I think), we had a tailgate in the house prior to the Hawks game. Lots of good food including bacon wrapped shrimp and pulled pork sandwiches. Fortunately I had already put in my run at the gym. Unfortunately the Hawks lost 5-3 which evened their series at 2 games apiece.

Saturday was a lazy start, but a strong finish. We had a charity bowling event for Family Rescue down in Orland Park, not far from where I go on Memorial Day. In fact, Terry and Sandie came to the event too which was a lot of fun. Though I had only bowled once in the last 18 months or so, I hadn't bowled since my shoulder surgery (which will be 6 months ago tomorrow) so it was going to be a good test. Despite some difficult lane conditions, I was able to bowl only 30 pins below my normal average.

Prior to bowling, we hit a restaurant in Blue Island called The Maple Tree Inn. They specialize in Cajun style cooking and have some really great dishes. Their crawfish cardinal appetizer is da'bomb. I had the crawfish etouffee as well. Pictures to come!

On Sunday, Elle and Molly headed back home to Ann Arbor, and LL and I headed BACK to The Maple Tree Inn for their $25 all you can eat crawfish/shrimp boil complete with ribs, corn, corn bread and bread pudding for dessert. Fantastic. If you want to know how to eat crawfish, this video was very helpful and only slightly annoying. They are a lot of work for the amount of meat you get, so I was happy they had all you can eat ribs too. Yum!!

Watching game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals was on the slate for Sunday night and what a game it was! The Hawks started out roaring with a 3-0 lead and won 7-4. Next game on Wednesday night back in Philly.

Pictures are on their way!!


1 comment:

alexis said...

I actually think I have never eaten crawfish in the shell. Looks challenging indeed. Best not to do on an empty stomach.

And thanks for the explanation! No one leaves comments these days :(