Friday, June 18, 2010

Ass Bacon

Today was promising to be a long day with an early start for the USA vs. Slovenia soccer game. Though the match didn't start until 9 (I thought it was 8:30), I was planning on hitting a soccer bar to watch the game. After I got up though, I wasn't feeling motivated to start drinking, so I decided to stay home for the first half and then go. Unfortunately, we were down 2-0 at the half!!! That put the kibosh on me going anywhere. I'm not going to go watch us get killed AND end up drunk.

A client called me shortly after the match started and asked if I wanted to join him at the afternoon Cubs game. Since I only live about 6 blocks from the stadium, I've told people that I can be a last minute back up guest if someone backs out or whatever. So now I had the second half of the soccer game AND the Cubs game to look forward too, but I ended up staying home during the second half.

Here's my picture from the seats:
What a beautiful day right? Very sunny and a little hot. Our seats were in the sun the whole game, which can be a blessing or a curse and today it was more of the latter. After a beer at Bernie's, a local pub, we headed into the game. Right after I sat down I almost jumped up!! The seat was hotter than all get out! Now, before I lift weights at the gym, I go into the sauna and lay down to put the heat of the wooden benches on my back and warm it up. The temperature of this chair was WAY hotter and the sauna is always at least 180 degrees! Unbelievable. I really couldn't figure out what to do, so I sort of sat on the edge of my seat, but it was burning my ass! It was turning my ass into ass bacon!!! Eventually, after about 20+ minutes, the heat became tolerable in the seat and I was able to sit back fully. The rest of the game was still pretty warm though and I had to substitute water for beer several times during the game. The Cubs lost, so that didn't help. Still, a nice day!

No comments: