Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Brief Entry

This afternoon I decided to upgrade my Iphone to the new operating system. Unfortunately, it did not go smoothly. I spent an hour or so working on it and then hit the gym. After running my 2.5 miles, I ended up spending another 4 hours with both Apple and Microsoft tech support. The Apple guys determined the problem with restoring my phone was that my Windows XP system on my computer needed the latest service patch. Though I tried to download the patch twice, I kept getting an "access denied" message halfway through the process. Ugh. So now I have an email into Microsoft for more support.

Meanwhile, my phone can call out, but I can't receive calls and I have no access to any apps or email or anything. It's been a long evening.

LL was caught on her way home in the leading edge of a really nasty thunderstorm and she actually took shelter at Midway Airport. Then it took her four more hours to get home from there.

Not a good night for us!

3 comments:

alexis said...

wow, that is QUITE the storm! I am glad she got home safely.

Sucks about the upgrade but unfortunately does not surprise me.

terri said...

Sounds like a FRUSTRATING evening. Glad LL made it through the storm okay.

el supremo de nm said...

You're dead without the phone. Bummer.