Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Northern Michigan

Missed posting yesterday as I headed to northern Michigan for the holiday weekend. My folks are up here at their place and LL's folks are renting a place on a lake about 45 minutes away. The drive up was uneventful, but is 6 hours, so it's pretty tiring. We did stop at a beef jerky place just south of Cadillac and picked up some delicious goodness.

After sleeping in today, I took LL to her folks where she'll stay through Saturday morning. Friday night is a big anniversary dinner for her folks, so I'll head over for that and then stay the night. This morning I called to my favorite golf course, Treetops, and found out their rate is $145 a round! Yikes. Too rich for my blood. After 2:30 though it drops to $75. Perfect. I can finish a round of golf as long as I start before 5 up here! They gave me the 2:40 slot AND the courtesy rate of only $35!!! Why? I think it's because I'm a nice guy!!

So this afternoon I headed to the local course to hit some golf balls and practice putting. Good stuff that I don't do often enough. It's nice and peaceful and the weather is great!!

2 comments:

alexis said...

oh my, that does sound like a lovely start to the weekend. I am hoping for good weather, probably not very relaxing weekend though.

terri said...

You went from $145 to $35? You must be a VERY nice guy! (Not that I had any doubt.) :-)