Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Promised pics


Here are some pictures from the weekend. Not as many pictures as I wanted from bowling because the Iphone doesn't have a flash and it's impossible to take a good picture in a dark bowling alley without one.

Saturday, we went to The Maple Tree Inn in Blue Island and had a very nice meal. Here's a flattering write-up in the Joe Mansueto owned TimeOut Chicago as well as their slogan at The Maple Tree Inn.























Here's the group in my innovative mirror picture. Ok, it wasn't the best, but it was worth a shot!













By far the best appetizer on the menu and possibly on the planet: Crawfish Cardinale. Holy crap. There's probably way too much better and sweet cream or something. Good Lord is it awesome though.



















My crawfish ettoufee. Delicious!
















The beer list. Impressive for a south side of Chicago restaurant. Normally you run across either Bud or Miller products with the occasional Old Style thrown in.












At the bowling alley. Left to right it's Molly, Elle, Terry, LL and Sandie. Pumped in smoke in the background.










The next day we went straight back to The Inn for their crawfish boil. A very light breakfast was the only food I had in the 18 hours leading up to the boil. I'm not sure of the science of eating or not eating related to maximizing my intake at a big meal. As it turns out though, I did ok from a food consumption perspective. Here we are in nice comfy chairs preparing for the meal in question.























My first plate. Yes, I tried some slaw and corn bread, but I focused on the crawfish and ribs.









The food was served buffet style actually in the kitchen. You grab a plate and head in and serve yourself.





















All in all, it was a really fun afternoon and we got home in time for the Hawks game!

3 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

I'm guessing you did NOT check out the nutritional content on all that food.

alexis said...

the south side has lots of hidden gems! you need a car to get there in any reasonable amount of time though.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Nope ESDNM. No info available, so I opted to restrict my serving intake; except for the ribs and crawfish!!