Thursday, April 05, 2007

Tired of writing drunk!

This week has really been something with not small quantities of wine consumed every night. Tonight is going to be a similar situation, so I thought I'd give this entry a try sober......I'm already bored with myself.

Scary developments on the Turks & Caicos trip! As you know, I'm going on 4/14 with my boy Ken from NJ. About two weeks ago Ken told me he had a cold. Then a week ago he told me he felt like he had a bronchial infection, but wasn't going to take anti-biotics or anything because he didn't want to risk building up a tolerance. I called Ken today to check up on him to see how he was doing: pneumonia. Good Lord. We're only planning on scuba diving!! A little hard to do that while hacking up a lung. However, Ken's taking all sorts of meds now and his doctor has told him he'll be fine in time for the trip. I'm not so sure, but I'm hoping!!

Back to MY injury: my hand. Last night I decided to sleep with my splint on my hand (like the doc said I should do) and I'm happy to report that my hand felt much better today than yesterday. Maybe these doctors DO know something. Hmmmmm.....

The flood in the office continued to create a nasty, musty odor. After another call to the maintenance guy, action was finally taken. He actually rented a Home Depot carpet cleaner and went to town in the supply room. Tomorrow we'll see if it was successful. It's making work in the office really tough.

2 comments:

alexis said...

wow, listening to the doctor. I'll have to remember that. :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe, Alexis, it was the effect of all the alcohol this week plus the mold from the closet?