Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday?

So let's play a quick guessing game. What did Joe do Thursday night? Here are you choices:

1. Went bowling with friends, despite his bad hand and drank PBR.
2. Went on a first date with potential gal-pal, drank wine for the 4th day in a row.
3. Went to heated driving range at Diversey to see if he can actually swing with his sprained hand and didn't drink at all......well, maybe a nip once back home.

Answer tomorrow!!

It's Good Friday, though I'm not entirely sure why it's "Good". Of course, Jesus was crucified on a Friday and in dieing, conquered death and relieved our sins, so I guess that could be the good part of it. It really should be Bad Friday and Good Easter though. On Good Friday now, we hear the reading of the Passion according to St. John. The other three Passion readings are rotated through on Palm Sunday, the week before Easter. Just a little Catholic trivia.

Easter Sunday is a gathering day at Chateau Sutton, my parent's place. Traditionally, I'm pitted against my niece in an Easter egg hunt and traditionally she wins through the assistance of my family. THIS year however, may be my year. Why? Several reasons:

1. It's cold outside. That reduces the amount of time any member of MY family is willing stay outside and help my niece.
2. She's 7 now and can take an egg beating now psychologically.
3. She actually talked trash to me about it at my mother's birthday party! Yes she did! When I asked her if we were going to have the hunt on Easter, she said "Yeah, but I always win." What's up with that? Talk smack with Joe and he's gonna get all up in yo'grill!!

Buddy Ken from NJ has assured me he's taking his meds and getting ready for our trip. You better be Ken!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe,
You better stay focused on beating your niece and healing your hand,I WILL BE SCUBA DIVING IN TURKS AND YOU WILL BE GOLFING!! I hope your niece leaves you some pride ;-)
Ken

alexis said...

show no mercy! They need to learn defeat eventually anyways.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Less than a week now Ken! Awesome. Can't wait.

I took your comment to heart Alexis. Chalk one up for Joe!