Friday, April 13, 2007

Brats and Chorizo

Wednesday night I drove up to Milwaukee with dejesus freak to watch the Indians and Angels play as planned. Actually, dejesus drove so I was riding shotgun, which doesn't happen all that often (control issues don'tcha know). Though we were a little bit late, a baseball game in a dome is just what the doctor ordered with all the snow flying about.

One of the many things better about new stadiums versus Wrigley Field, is the food. In addition to six or seven different kinds of beer, they have five kinds of sausage! Since they weren't expecting as many fans though (16,000 versus 40,000), they didn't have all of the sausage stands open. I ended up in the line for brats and chorizos and bought two of each. If you want, you can get the chorizo in a tortilla as opposed to a bun, but I figured I needed something to soak up the mulitple kinds of beer that I would be consuming......including PBR by the way!!! The game was fun, mostly because the Indians lost which helps the Sox. Pictures to follow!

On the return trip home, we stopped in Kenosha at The Brat Stop, which is actually the name of the place though above the sign with the name on it is a much larger sign that just says "CHEESE" in big neon letters. I've seen the sign a million times, but never stopped. Turns out it's a pretty cool bar that also has a sausage and cheese shop associated with it. Pretty cool actually. Thanks dejesus!!

Today I received a letter that notified me of the discontinuation of the credit card awards program that I've been taking advantage of for some period of time. Every month they send me $25-$75 worth of store credits to use at my local computer store. It really comes in handy to not have to pay for toner, paper, other supplies or minor electronic equipment.

So, I turn to you, my loyal readers, to help me with selecting another award oriented card (especially since you were so helpful with the "what to bring to the Caribbean" question......condoms and sunscreen, gee thanks). So tell me about your favorite award program. Keys: I don't want to pay an annual fee, interest rate doesn't matter, bank doesn't matter. Let me know!!

Leaving for the Caribbean early Saturday, so I may or may not get a post in on Friday before I go. Hopefully I'll have access to a computer while I'm down there to provide periodic updates, but if not, I'll take plenty of notes!

2 comments:

stef said...

I have to say the Miller Dome is one of my favorite places I've seen a ballgame. You forgot to mention all the fancy beer they have there too! I have to give big ups to any park where the beer options are not just "bud" or "bud light"

alexis said...

just the mention of brats made me miss baseball. Anywhere! :)