Sunday, January 31, 2010

Party for Four Days

The other day on the radio I heard a spot for Pizza For Patriots. What a nice idea. This group is getting pizzas at cost or donated from Gino's East (my favorite deep dish pizza in the city) and Edwardo's and flying them over to Afghanistan and Iraq in time for the Super Bowl. It's a great idea and gives the troops a little taste of home and reminds them for what they are fighting. So what company is flying the pizzas over there? Federal Express? Nope. UPS? Nope. USPS? Nope. It's DHL. Now, I've had NO positive experiences with DHL domestically, but I'm happy that they are donating their services. Good for them.

It's been a busy four days as LL celebrated a birthday on Sunday. On Thursday, I surprised her with her gift and took her out to lunch. Friday night we went to dinner downtown and went to see Jim Gaffigan. That dude is nothing but freaking funny. AND clean humor. Go figure. On Saturday we went out to dinner again with Softball Paul and his wife Gretchen. They made at least two blogs in pictorial form already here and here. We went to a very nice restaraunt called Glen Prairie on Roosevelt and Finley. Highly recommended, but call for a reservation. After dinner, we went to a softball teammates 29th birthday party at his house. Though I knew about the party, I didn't tell anyone that I was coming so it was a fun surprise. We had a good time seeing everyone for the first time in two months and everyone was interested in how my shoulder was healing. Today, on LL's actual birthday, we went to Wildfire with her parents for dinner. It's been a festive four days!!!

3 comments:

alexis said...

holy cow, that is a long festive period, what is a big number LL is celebrating this year?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Am I allowed to say? Sure. She's 35 now.

el supremo de nm said...

And I suppose all this eating will be blamed on me :(