Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Getting all political on your asses

Quick post tonight as ESDNM is in town so that means client meetings tomorrow. Plus I haven't been feeling great the last few days, so I need to get some sleep. Though I've been taking care of the symptoms as best I can, my throat is still sore and my mucous is a bit heavy. Yeah, gross, I know.

Any who, I did want to talk briefly about the Massachusetts vote which was won by a Republican, Scott Brown. So now the Democrats do not have a super majority and can't stop a filibuster. I say, so what? Bush never had the majority that Obama has and that ass-clown started two wars!! WTF? Obama better put on his big kid pants and get some negotiating and compromising done. It's called checks and balances and is supposed to keep crazy people like Bush from doing the dumb shit he did. Not sure why it failed in his case, but I don't like too much power resting with any singular individual or group, so this might actually be a good thing in the long term.

BTW, how bad of a candidate do you have to be to lose to a Republican in freaking Massachusetts?? The Kennedys have ruled that state for decades. Good Lord. Nice job Democratic party. Did they really think they could run just any ol'retard and win?

4 comments:

Katie said...

Massachusetts primary = Voter apathy... Don't forget to vote in our primary on 2/2!

Anonymous said...

Brown winning in big "LIBERAL" state = the people sick and tired of Washington/Obama trying to ram something we dont want(government run healthcare) down our throats!! First the Gov's in N.J and Virginia now a Sen in Mass....THE DEMS ARE CIRCLING THE DRAIN BABY!!

Katie said...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/01/19/2010-01-19_mass_hysteria_.html
I stand absolutely corrected - I did some reading at lunchtime today and yowza! I still think we should vote on the 2nd though :)

el supremo de nm said...

Evidently they did!