Monday, January 04, 2010

It's Elementary

LL and I had a nice dose of Ricardo and Mrs. Ricardo over the last week. After NYE, we decided to hook up on Saturday, get pizza at Pequod's (best thin crust in Chicago) and then walked across the street to see Sherlock Holmes. The company was as good as the food and the movie!

This was only the second time that I can remember in my life that I've had to wait in line for a movie. The other time was for The Blair Witch Project, in 1999, which was only playing at a limited number of small theaters. There was not a recession evident at the movie theater or Pequod's on Saturday as both were packed. When we left the theater, there was another line for the next Holmes showing. Nicely done movie industry.

The movie was very good in my humble opinion: compelling characters, good villains, a little boy-meets-girl, great action, some thought provoking sections and a relatively unpredictable ending. Well worth $11. Then again, $11 doesn't go as far as it used to.

1 comment:

el supremo de nm said...

Hey how come you never take me to Pequod's?