Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mixed Bag

So some good news for the world despite the events in Haiti. The Doomsday Clock has been moved and it was actually moved BACK one minute! Apparently it's only been moved 19 times since 1947. It's an interesting article.

Whether or not you've donated to help Haiti, like I did, one way to do it is through the American Red Cross. They really put together a good program and made it easy to donate. You just text the word "Haiti" to 90999 and they add $10 to your next phone bill. That's easy!! They send you a follow up text to make sure you really wanted to do it and then another text to see if you're interested in receiving ARC texts on a regular basis (4 a month or so). That's well executed. Someone has been thinking and I like it!

Every night before I go to bed, I read the comics. I love many sitcoms. Comedians in general are awesome. LL got me tickets to see Jim Gaffigan. I love to laugh. So then when I read a story like this, I have to ask myself what the hell were they thinking? That guy is really pretty funny and while I don't listen to his radio show, I have seen him do stand-up on TV. He's a funny guy, but obviously has some serious issues. Can you even imagine trying something like that??

2 comments:

terri said...

I haven't done the texting thing yet, but am definitely joining the cause.

As far as the comedian, I can't imagine why he'd choose self-stabbing as the way to go. If I wanted to die, I'd probably try one of the less painful methods.

alexis said...

I think we donated in a similar fashion here in EU.