Monday, December 01, 2008

Some pics

Though I was somehow able to write my blog entry yesterday after watching the Bears game with Benny Baseball and Sausage King Andy, I forgot about the pictures I took on my phone. Nothing startling, but since I took them, here they are!

Even though Benny and I had pizza before hitting Casey Moran's, Andy and I had barbecue chicken fingers there too. Then Benny ordered wings. Apparently they were finger lickin' good. The young woman drinking in the background is Meetra, one of the bar keeps who had her shift cut short because the three of us were 50% of the crowd.

By the look on Andy's face, the game was not going well at this point.






There's Meetra smiling for the camera.

















Kendra, yes, like the playboy bunny, was not as open to having her picture taken. I tried to get her face in the mirror shot. Ha!














Today I went to see my doctor for a check up. I hadn't seen her in almost two years, so I thought it might be good to go back, especially since I already met my deductible. Everything seems ok though my cholesterol edged up and specifically my bad cholesterol. It's possible that it's somewhat seasonal as my other bloodwork was done during the summer or spring while this one was done two weeks ago. Why does that mean anything? Well, my diet gets decidely worse during football season and we're 14 weeks into it. That said, I'm probably going to make some changes. The good news is that my blood pressure is fine at 122/69.

Anyway, while down at the University of Chicago Hospital, I took in two sites:





First was the Frank Lloyd Wright Robie House. No reason to stop and look other than that it was there.








My "closeup".















From Wikipedia. A better picture clearly.













Second was the Starbucks just down the street. It was a Magic Johnson Starbucks. MJ has put these stores in poorer neighborhoods in an effort to rejuvenate them. Though my coffee was free, I would have been happy to support them!







Things I'm grateful for:
10. Indoor plumbing. It's nasty cold and snowy outside in Chicago right now. An outhouse would NOT be enjoyable.
11. The wonderful female relationships I've had over the years. Sure, I'm single, but the women have all been pretty good people.
12. My very fortunate upbringing: great parents, normal sisters, nice neighborhoods and excellent schools.

3 comments:

alexis said...

you know, absence DOES make the heart grow fonder. even covered in yucky, cold snow, I got a happy feeling remember the beautiful architecture in Chicago.

Anonymous said...

What the heck is all that white stuff on the ground? I want that gone by the time I come next.

And now that you've come clean on your diet issues, no more blaming poor ESNM.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

ESNM it is going to be freakin' cold and much more snow the next week at least. Sorry man.

Note that my last visit was 2 years ago, only a year into my exposure to ESNM. I think there's more than a casual link between my cholesterol and your visits! You're still to blame!!!