Thursday, December 04, 2008

How do I top Miss Illinois?

Not every day is a blogging "winner", like meeting Miss Illinois and a double rat killing by T-Rex I would contend. Today was filled with work and emails and phone calls and a topic is somewhat eluding me. Partially to blame is Ricardo.

Yes, the same man who drank wayyyy too much this past weekend and then bailed on a swank holiday party last night changed his tune today. Mrs. Ricardo is off to NY for the day, so he decided that we should go out for a drink at a new bar that opened up near his condo. Being the GOOD FRIEND that I am, I said sure: even though HE bailed on ME last night and I have a party Friday and the Bears game on Sunday. Two whiskey and ginger ales later, I was feeling a bit off, so we called it a night. Not sure what's wrong, but the ol'noggin is spinning a bit.

On a completely unrelated note, three people died on the Friday after Thanksgiving in shopping related accidents. Three people. I don't like those odds. If I were up at 4 a.m. and at a Walmart or something, chances are somebody else would have died: me or the first person that pushed me from behind. Yet another reason for me to sleep in the day after Thanksgiving.



Catalog Tally: 21 Total to beat: 24 Last year, 30 all-time
Big catalog days the last two days. It looks like beating last year is a given.

2 comments:

alexis said...

and don't forget, time to watch football.

Anonymous said...

Any day Ricardo gets blamed instead of el Supremo is good day in my book.