Monday, December 08, 2008

Feeling much better thank you very much!

It is amazing what modern science can do for ailments that are really bizarre. Vertigo is one of the most bizarre, though clearly not normally lethal (freezing to death in a Dominick's parking lot excluded). On Sunday, I took my medicine twice and then went to bed at 9:30. This morning I woke up at 9:30. It's been a while since I last slept 12 hours. Vomiting, passing out and getting bags of saline solution can be exhausting.

While I missed the Bears game on Sunday, they play again on Thursday and I'm hoping to be ready for that match up! Hell, I have all of the tailgating stuff already!!! Which reminds me, I now have leftover breakfast food for six, so if you'd like me to cook you breakfast, just make the trip over. Spending the night before is optional, but encouraged. :-)

One thing I've been eating more of this weekend as well as in the weeks leading up to Saturday, is oyster crackers. When I say oyster crackers, everyone knows what I'm talking about right? Those little hexagonal crackers that you toss into soup by the handful. They are my ultimate comfort snack food. However, the containers that I've seen ACTUALLY say "oyster AND soup crackers". So they aren't "oyster crackers"; they are crackers that you use with oysters AND soup. Well WTF?? Has anyone ever used these things with oysters?? I haven't used these or any other cracker with oysters, though Ricardo mention that he has had oysters on much larger, more Saltine-like crackers.

According to Wikipedia, they have an interesting history and were indeed served with oysters once upon a time. I'll buy that they were served with oyster STEW, but with oysters? Really? I'm not buying that. Shenanigans!!!

While researching the origins of "calling shenanigans", I took a little Wiki-trip (following links within links within links on Wikipedia entries) and came across The Dreadnought Hoax. An interesting little story.

Things I'm grateful for:
#19 Mechlizine. It's my vertigo medication. It's saved my ass from some of the worst hours of my life twice now.
#20 While a close in relation to #16, I'm going with cell phones specifically. While sitting in the parking lot of a Dominick's in 15 degree weather, sweating and throwing up, not one person stopped to even ask if I was ok or needed help or anything. There was no way I was going to be able to get out of my car, find a pay phone, get coins in the slot and dial for help. Nope. I most likely would have just froze in my car.
#21 Warm flannel pajama bottoms. When you're sick, there's nothing like them.


Catalog Tally: 23 Total to beat: 24 Last year, 30 all-time

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very glad to hear you are feeling much better, so sorry to hear about your Saturday experience!

Kim

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Thanks Kim! I don't think it had anything to do with the party on Friday, so don't feel responsible. :-)

alexis said...

I think I am also greatful for the medicine, very glad to hear you are ok!!

Anonymous said...

LOL Just looking at the title of Thursday December 4th blog, obviously you top it with Saturday nite at LG...

stef said...

So glad you are on the mend. I still have to start the grateful for listing. Is it making a difference for you?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Stef, I think I'll make my answer part of today's blog entry!

Bee, that is NOT how I want to top meeting Miss Illinois!! Ugh.