Thursday, December 18, 2008

The end is near

Probably not the end of the world or anything, though an ice storm is going to hit Chicago over night. No, I'm talking about the football season. We're in week 16 of a 17 week season. Sure the playoffs follow, but if your team isn't IN the playoffs, then they aren't as much fun to watch. Mind you, I'll still watch them, but they won't be as high a priority. Here is the scenario that allows for the Bears Monday night game even to be meaningful (from the Tribune):

If the Vikings, Cowboys, Buccaneers and Eagles all win their games, the Bears are eliminated. The Bears will have to pull for the underdogs to keep their slim playoff hopes alive.

Dallas (9-5) vs. Baltimore (9-5): The line: Dallas by 4.

Minnesota (9-5) vs. Atlanta (9-5): The line: Minnesota by 3 1/2.

Tampa Bay (9-5) vs. San Diego (6-8): The line: Tampa Bay by 3 1/2.

Philadelphia (8-5-1) at Washington (7-7): The line: Philadelphia by 5.

In addition, the Bears have to beat Green Bay on Monday night and then win their final game in Houston. So cheer for the underdogs this weekend!!!

Friday morning I have a follow up doctor appointment with my ENT about my Meniere's disease. Question is, will the ice storm allow me to get there at 8:30 a.m. or not? And I was hoping to just stay home all day.......

Things I'm grateful for:
#37 My eyesight. I have 20/10 vision, but even if it weren't that good, I'd be happy to be able to see.
#38 Snow in the trees reflecting the moonlight.
#39 Being able to shop online.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm more confident that one of those teams will lose than I am about the Bears winning out.

Anonymous said...

/sigh...
If you would just cheer for the Steelers this wouldn't be so stressful for you...=)

Anonymous said...

Keep working on him Bee.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I'll definitely cheer on the Steelers come playoff time.....IF the Bears aren't in it. I still have hope!!