Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Lost Photos

No, they aren't from the Kennedy assassination or anything like that. Just pictures taken by Ricardo at the Bears game on Thursday.


This is the Punke clan, the folks that bought me the cool helmet/hat and who sit next to me. Doug SR. is on the far right, Doug Jr. is next moving left. Daughter Doug (Jessica)and then, I think, Jr.'s wife (Sara) if I'm not mistaken. Good folks all of them!!









Yes, I had a few beers. How about that football bottle cozy? Saweeeeet.












View from the seats taken by Ricardo on his camera phone.








So those were pictures from Thursday. I slept in really late on Friday and then had a ton of energy around midnight. Saturday I went out and bought my Christmas tree!! As usual, when I decide to buy a tree, I headed out to Menard's, a large regional Home Depot competitor. I have gone to Home Depot as well, but Menard's seems to have a better tree selection. So I got this beauty for $14!!!


It's just over 6' tall and hasn't "fallen" yet in this photo. I should take another one now. It's really pretty nice!! Purplish lights adorn it this year with white lights elsewhere in the living room. I lower the blinds too so I can share the festiveness with my neighbors!!












Then Saturday night, I headed out to dinner as a seventh wheel. That's right, me and three couples. Fortunately I know them all pretty well and it was more like just a group of friends. We went to Carmichaels, a hoity-toity steak and seafood place near where one of the couples lives. Here are the pics!




The menu cover.















The whole group, including me poking my head out from around one of the Aussies.









Bill the Bear, Ricardo and Aussie Rick. Here's what is going on with Rick: he's not a citizen, lost his job, had a birthday, got married, listed and de-listed his condo. That's quite a busy month or six weeks. He'll get another job quickly though, even in this economy.








Aussie Deb (recently married, not a citizen and also recently unemployed), Ricardo's wife Jodi and Bill the Bear's "significant other" Nadine.


Even though we had five bottles of wine for the table, I only had a glass and a half or so. Just wasn't feeling the "get really drunk it's Christmas" thing. Probably because of being sick last weekend. We had a very fun evening though and laughed a lot!



Things I'm grateful for:
#28 My awesomely warm Eddie Bauer coat that I bought last year for next to nothing. So warm!
#29 The NFL. What would I do with myself on weekends in the Fall without it?
#30 My recently cleaned out tool and storage closet. Just cleaned it out today and I'm very happy with it!

4 comments:

alexis said...

wait, why on earth would you need a beer cozy on a winter night in Chicago? To keep the beer from getting so cold it freezes?

stef said...

So glad you were able to go to the game and enjoy yourself. Good times with friends are the best medicine!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Good question Alexis. The cozy helps keep you HAND warmer when it's this cold. Works as a dual functioning item: beer colder summer, hand warmer in winter.

Anonymous said...

Nice action shot Ricardo.

I'm glad you asked the question Alexis. To further the subject, why drink anything cold at all? How about hot mulled wine or something?