Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm Baaaaaackkkk!

It was a long night on the lakefront! If you watched the game, you know how exciting it was, a 27-24 win for the Bears in overtime, which by the way, was the score I predicted!

Most importantly, for me at least, I had 5 or 6 beers on the evening and did not feel dizzy at all. It was important to determine if I could return to my "normal" life or if it would have to be altered significantly. I might still make some changes, in addition to carrying my meds around with me, but at least that I don't have to make significant changes.

So, without further adieu (is that the right word? Should it be "a do"?), here are some pictures from last night.




The evening started at around 4 with Benny Baseball and Andy the Sausage King tailgating with me. We took two cars and arrived together so we could park together. Outside the stadium it was a bit windy, but inside it really wasn't. The temperature was about 30 or so at this point, not bad at all. Windchill was colder of course. The lot was only about half full up to 45 minutes before the game. We were embarrassed for Bears fans.



One of the highlights of the tailgate was the first appearance of the year of Mr. Heater and the windshield which I constructed for him! He was a huge success!!










Joe drinking responsibly....medicine in hand! Of course, I didn't want to stray too far from Mr. Heater. Sausage found a way to sneak into this picture too. Nice focus Benny!











The wonderful family that sits next to me at the Bears games (four seats), bought me this great old school Bears hat/helmet. The leather version is what they used to play in and I commented early in the season that I thought they were really cool. So they bought me one for Christmas!! The dad, Doug, also paid me the $100 we bet because the Bears exceeded 6 wins. Whoo-hooo!!! They stopped by the tailgate too, but I didn't get a picture of them. Damnit.





The hat from the top.













The hat from the back. Very warm by the way!












Things I'm grateful for:
#25 Mr. Heater and it's buddy, propane. Portable heat....nice.
#26 A warm shower after hours in the cold. There are few things more enjoyable.
#27 The ability to show restraint when needed. Whether it be in alcohol consumption, food consumption, hitting stupid people, it's good to be able to say, "That's enough." Many people can't: see drunks, really fat people (it's not glandular) and OJ Simpson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super glad that it was a normal - no vertigo day!