Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dinner and Church

Not much time to write as it's late and I still have work to do.

El Supremo, Ricardo and I went to Custom House, a great restaurant just south of the Congress on Dearborn. As a result, I've been on the go since 6 a.m. and it's now 10:15 p.m. The huge amount of snow that we received in Chicago also has thrown a bit of delay into the day. Even at the end of the day while we were crawling along 94 at 9:00 at night, the snow was causing delays. I also had to clear it out of my parking spot.....sigh.




My duck with apples and pomegranate. Good stuff.











The Custom House bar view from our table.














Custom House view out onto The Congress. Snowy night!











Here are some pictures for your perusal. I took them after church on Sunday. Here's what some of the before pictures were.








The new ceiling...or part of it.













The choir loft ceiling and new "crying room" in the back of the church. A great addition.












The new main aisle....carpeted!! Previously it was bad tile. The pews were redone as well and new wood floors. Great job!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man - you were beat when we left you off and then you had to shovel your space - yuch. Every time I hear Ricardo tell me how lovely the snow looks, I just want to whack him with a shovel - preferably a snow shovel.

The roof of the church looks awesome. We need to stop by there the next time I'm in town.

stef said...

Your church is very pretty. Seems like Custom House is becoming a bit of a regular spot for you guys!