Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Yes, I'm alive!!

Apparently last night was the coldest home game in Bears history (since records started being kept in 1963, 2 degrees at game time. It was the second coldest wind chill at -13. And yes, I was there and it was indeed very, very cold. When I got home, I jumped into a nice hot shower and thawed out. We were dressed appropriately though, so it really wasn't all that bad. You just start to get achy because you can't move around due to all the clothing. It was worth it though.

Somehow, Benny Baseball, Sausage King Andy and I made the intelligent decision of NOT tailgating and instead going to a bar before the game. Cooking in that cold temperature just didn't seem like it was going to be any fun at all. My guest was Australian Rick who was attending his first Bears game. And what a game it was!! If you haven't heard, it was a 20-17 Bears overtime victory on a Robbie Gould field goal. And for the second week in a row, I picked the score on the button and this week even said it would be a Robbie Gould field goal that would win it!

Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures, just this one of the fireworks before the game. Rick had his camera along though, so maybe he'll send me some pics.




















When I got home, about 12:30 or so I think, there were several packages waiting for me from UPS. One was unexpected and was shipped from NBC Studios. Odd, I thought. I'm not very bombable (Seinfeld reference), so I opened it.




Much to my surprise, Dog Brian sent me a replacement Dwight Schrute bobblehead!!! As I wrote last week, my current one had his head sliced off by my very James Bondish headset cord.

Thank you again Dog Brian and Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a bit worried about you tailgating in the insane cold so I'm glad that you didn't.

And who would of thought that your optimum scenario of all four competing teams losing would have in fact taken place!

stef said...

Happy Christmas Joe! How nice to have such good friends and season tickets. ;)