Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hitting the gym

With a Saturday off from softball, golf and my usual warm weather activities AND without getting a vertigo spell AND without MLM in my house working on something, I decided to hit the gym again. It's been a while since I've been to the old gym due to various ailments: foot, finger, shoulder and vertigo. Though I took it easy, it was actually a decent first trip back. I'm looking forward to the next visit.

The rest of the day I cleaned up around the house and wrapped some gifts. I'm going to watch Dark Knight later on and am excited to curl up on the sofa and enjoy that movie.

While cleaning up, I found receipts for my laser eye surgery. I had the procedure done 8/10/01. I had no idea it was that long ago!! And I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

For dinner I cooked a rainbow trout fillet and had some corn. Good eating.

Not much else to report on another day in Chicago where it snowed with more on the way. It's getting old and it's not even technically winter yet. Ugh.

Things I'm grateful for:
#40 Grocery stores. Seriously. I went and bought a trout today, along with the fixins for chili. Can you imagine if you had to go catch your own food or grow it or trade services instead of money? What a pain that would be.
#41 Saunas. The dry heat kind, though I like the steam saunas sometimes too, so I'll include them. Boy does the one at my gym feel good on my back when I lay down on the hot wood planks. Sigh....
#42 That my parents are still alive. Without a spouse in my life, I'm can't imagine what I'd do if they weren't here.

1 comment:

alexis said...

I haven't been to the gym in a while either! Have a great holiday joe!!