Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Church and Velociraptors

How long would YOU last with a velociraptor if you're both chained to the same bunk bed? I lasted 1 minute 35 seconds. Very fun little thing.

Just a few more pictures of the church renovations. By the way, our kneelers are installed and are awesome. I'm very happy with the way the church has turned out.



Here's a scene from the old church during renovation. Most of the bad looking stuff in the picture is actually just the way it was!!













That same area, or just to the right of it I think, now! Very nice!!









The right side of this picture is where the cross outline used to be. Much nicer. That little vestibule was a mess too.












This is the new crying room area in the back. Carpeted and enclosed.

















This picture is from the crying room looking into the church.

















Forgot to wish my father a Happy Birthday yesterday, so I'm putting him up here today! He's a spritely 72 and is looking BETTER now than five years ago. His eyes are better, so no glasses except for reading glasses. He's dropped 30 pounds so far I believe and is looking to drop 30 more. With help from my mother, there's a good chance that he'll do it!!

Final Catalog Tally: 25 Total to beat: 24 Last year, 30 all-time
So 2008 beat 2007 by one catalog! I didn't include the two catalogs that came with gifts when they were delivered. That's not the spirit of the catalog tally.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to getting an in person tour of the church. I bet it is making Christmas Mass this year even more meaningful.

Hats off to your Dad! That is totally impressive. And hats off to your Mom for being so supportive.

Have a very Merry Christmas Joe.

Dalai Mama said...

The Church looks great! Looking forward to seeing it in person at mass later. Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

DM, you go to my church?! Or, I guess, our church then huh? 7:45 mass was pretty darn early this morning.

Dalai Mama said...

I tend to go to Old St Pat's more but since seeing the pictures of the beautiful renovations, I hope to get there more