Wednesday, December 10, 2008

First gift has arrived!!

No, no. No one has sent ME a gift yet. God forbid if THAT should happen. :-) Nope, this gift is what I'm getting for someone. My first online purchase of the season, though many more have followed. So it's kind of like Christmas everyday for a while now....except you're not quite sure you're going to get something when the postman arrives. Not to mention Christmas cards! I love this time of year.

So Thursday night is a big test for me. Apparently, the first three days after a vertigo attack are crucial as to whether or not it will repeat immediately. I've made it past those three days and am feeling pretty good. Thursday though is a Bears home game, so I'm going and I'm going to tailgate. My medicine will be close at hand, but I'm tailgating. If I get dizzy, then I'll be quick with the meds, but I need to be able to evaluate whether I can live a normal life or not. Ricardo will be there, along with his wife Jodi and my two good buds Benny Baseball and Sausage King Andy. The latter two will most likely be hammered out of their gourds, so I'll have to rely on Ricardo is something goes seriously awry.

We've all heard about Governor Rod getting nailed yesterday. How interesting that today is his birthday. Posting bail is not the best way to celebrate one's birthday. If Rod, let's call him J-Rod for "Jail-Rod", does go to jail, that will mean four of the last eight Illinois Governors have done time. That's ridiculous. Can't we just get an honest Governor ever?

Jailbird Governors from Illinois:
Otto Kerner (D) 1961-68, jailed for bribery, conspiracy and tax evasion
Dan Walker (D) 1973-77, jailed for "improprieties related to his savings and loan business"
George Ryan (R) 1999-2003, jailed for racketeering
And that's been it since 1818. That's a rough 50 years for Illinois Governors.

6 comments:

alexis said...

wow, 4 out of 8! Rod must have felt he was carrying on a tradition

stef said...

What is amazing to me is that the other 4 never got caught. (ha ha)

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE RELYING ON RICARDO TO BE THE SOBER ONE!

What are you complaining about. You guys in Illinois always are bitching about not having champions. Well you are the champions of government corruption. Embrace your excellence.

Anonymous said...

So, waiting eagerly to hear the outcome of last nights game, and your well-being :-) Hope you are doing fine! Tried to send a hotmail to that effect but it just froze, so blog comment to that affect instead.

Kim

Anonymous said...

So, waiting eagerly to hear the outcome of last nights game, and your well-being :-) Hope you are doing fine! Tried to send a hotmail to that effect but it just froze, so blog comment to that affect instead.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Apparently I'm having technical issues today of all sorts. Third blog posting is a charm. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

Kim