Sunday, November 30, 2008

What to do, when there's no softball.

Tonight I hooked up with Benny Baseball and the Sausage King Andy at Casey Moran's near Wrigley to watch the Bears game. We lost, in awful fashion with Orton throwing 3 interceptions after not having thrown one in 205 passes.

Anyway, Benny told me he was working on Thursday, yes Thanksgiving, and was doing something else on Friday. But Saturday came and he didn't know what to do. We didn't have softball and the weather wasn't nice enough to be out and about. So Benny sorted through his old clothes and sent off stuff he didn't wear to Salvation Army. It got me to thinking about the things I've been working on during this four day vacation span without sports events to participate in. This weekend I: actually reviewed and created several documents for work, ordered replacement glass from a hardware store for my jalousie window, purchased a sheet of plywood in order to build a wind screen to use for tailgating, started assembly of said wind screen, built a website and figured out how it could be hosted for free and re-initiated my fight against the rats next door. Softball really does take a lot of time. It's worth it, but it's good to remember that I can be productive when I'm NOT playing softball.



Things I'm grateful for:
7. ESPN and other sports networks. Because of them, Notre Dame isn't the only game in town, which means recruits can go to other schools because they'll STILL get on television and Notre Dame gets exposed as the shitty, obnoxious-alumni, fraud athletic program and school that it is. It's been a long time coming.
8. Having taken typing class in high school.
9. Oddly enough, a relatively creative mind.



Catalog Tally: 15 Total to beat: 24 Last year, 30 all-time

2 comments:

alexis said...

there is life after softball season!

Anonymous said...

Seems like a poor catalog season.

I think those who are into the whole 'gratitude' thing might find #7 a little less than in the spirit.