Sunday, November 02, 2008

Hmmm, where was "getting a dog" on the list of to dos?

The Bears, while winning today, suffered a huge loss with Kyle Orton going down with a high ankle sprain. He'll miss the next month at least....crap. That means they'll turn to Grossman.....double crap. It might not be long before they turn to Caleb Hanie, currently the third string QB. Or at least I hope so. The Bears were going to struggle against Tennessee next week anyway, but now it could be a real mess.

Fortunately my tailgating didn't suffer at all. Typical breakfast fare was enjoyed prior to the game and I made chili for afterwards. Good stuff. Here's the crew I invited:


From left to right: King Amar, Ricardo and EMoney. King Amar and EMoney are on my softball team. Later we were joined by another softball teammate, 5 cent Jack, and his girlfriend Leah.







My sofa cushions came back from the upholstery guy on Friday and it's like I have a whole new sofa!! It's great. Combining that with some orthotics for my shoes to help support my collapsed arches and my back is really feeling a lot better at the end of the day.

A friend of mine is a PAWS dog border. Borders take dogs for some period of time while they recover from an illness or something and give them a reprieve from the kennel while they await adoption. The dog my friend has is awesome and reminds me a lot of some-time-poster Dog Brian's pooch. This one is named Romeo (a terrible dog name by the way) and is about 6 months old. He has kennel cough, which is apparently fairly common and also very contagious. So this is a good break for Romeo.

The problem is, Romeo is sooooo damn cute that I'm thinking about considering adopting him myself!! What would Joe do with a dog around the house? Good question. Still just considering it.

8 comments:

alexis said...

looks actually quite warm in Chi-town!

Anonymous said...

I think its a great idea- do you have a picture of Romeo.

Anonymous said...

Joe- c'mon, you really don't know do you?

Puppies and dogs are chick magnets... what are you waiting for?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh Alexis, it got into the upper 60's yesterday and is in the 70's for today and tomorrow!!! Whoo-hoo!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to razz you about Grossman's return except it was exciting that the Bears were playing controlled, disciplined winning football - real Bears' ball.

I will chime in against the dog, and this has nothing to do with my personal preferences. You lead a life where you are very frequently going away...and you like that freedom to go when you want...not exactly the ideal situation for a pet, especially and adopted one.

stef said...

The dog would be a big responsibility and would mean a lot of mornings freezing your butt off in the snow. But on the other hand you have unconditional love and great companionship.

Anonymous said...

dog=kid=responsibility.


Boo responsibilities..!!

Dalai Mama said...

Adopt the dog! You will never have to sleep alone again. Sure, dogs are a lot of responsibility but life is so much better when it is about more than you. Besides, there are several studies that show people with pets are much healthier (releases endorphins, etc). Go for it!