Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some radio silence coming

I'm heading out of town Friday morning up to Chateau Ricardo in Baraboo Wisconsin. It'll be five guys up there splitting logs, literally, drinking heavily, maybe gambling, eating a fair amount and hiking through the woods. We'll also go tease the locals during the Bears/Packers game if Orton is QB'ing the Bears. If it's Grossman again, we'll lay low.

In completing my conversion to the high-tech world of cell phonery, I've now added blue tooth capabilities. I didn't get the blue tooth, but something like it, the Cardo 800. It works pretty well so far, but I haven't mastered it at all. After Naperville Greg got a ticket for driving and talking on his cell phone, I figured it would be a good idea to make sure I had the capability. Here's a pic:







It's very small and light weight. Good stuff.











Lastly, Friday is the a big day in the market. Many hedge funds require an investor to provide 45 days notice in order to redeem shares at the end of the year and they only allow redemptions a few times a year. With the market collapse, hedge fund managers will know tomorrow how much money they have to have (how many shares of current stock they need to sell) by the end of the year. That said, I'd bet a good chunk of the drop early in the week was from hedgefund shareholders who sent in their redemption notices early in order to make sure they didn't miss the deadline. So with the 15th passing, are we due for another rebound starting next week? I don't claim to have any clue, but I'll look good if we do!!!

3 comments:

alexis said...

man I am just getting used to a blackberry. There should be classes for people who have to work!

Anonymous said...

Oh Please don't cut off any appendages whilst chopping wood! That is such a downer at the holidays! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

You have until Tue to dry out.
Enjoy :)